Here's the schedule:
AM: Sheila Steers, Around and Around
- Around and Around is a design based on half-square triangles, done with two or more fabrics. Sheila also offers a variation of the original design.
- A step-by-step instruction on how to hand piece. Includes making templates, supplies needed, stitching instructions, pressing and trimming seams.
AM & PM: Robin Fouquette, Crazy Quilting
- Robin will demonstrate the construction of a crazy quilt block, and show embellishment techniques and examples. She also will cover assembling the blocks, embellishing the seams, and finishing the quilt.
AM: Caren Ross, Exploding Squares
- This is an easy way to create many different results using the Jenny Doan (of The Missouri Star Quilt Company) method of making exploding block squares.
PM: Mary Brooner, Appliqué Christmas Stocking
- Mary has been making beaded appliqué on velvet Christmas stockings for many years. She is the keeper of the tradition, inherited from her mother--every new child and new member of the extended family receives a stocking. She appreciates that families are now smaller; her mother sometimes made several each year, all in time for Christmas Eve.
In her workshop, Mary will show examples of the stockings made by her mother and by herself, as well as talk about the materials and patterns she uses.
AM: Carol Goins, Sew-Like-the-Wind Quilt Patch
- Carol will demonstrate an innovative way to construct an unusual block. The technique was developed by Bonnie Gallagher. Carol will give alternatives to the pattern as she demonstrates the technique.
- Beth and Lois will show hand appliqué techniques that use interfacing and freezer paper.
AM & PM: Susan Rogers, Easy-Does-It Labels
- Susan explains an easy method for making quilt labels, and provides ideas for embellishing them.